The whole truth and nothing but the truth: If I am correct that the cause is as deep as I say it is then I have to forgive in proportion: just because another is made aware of his cause does not remove him from being its effect. Here, if I don’t find myself wrong at the moment I cast blame on another, do I only fail to reveal my own deep cause? If I do, can I forgive myself by the same awareness? … And why isn’t awareness itself sufficient to correct my behavior?  The dominance reflex keeps us stupid, especially when it is responsible for the truth-event. Is it really our truth if it is triggered by something other than intelligence? Can it be an understanding of my whole anatomy to find the unintelligent reflex of dominating by truths itself dominated by animal behavior?  Do we need the expense? Is it only wasted on gratification? Or do we simply fail to value clarity to the point of sufficiency?


Popular posts from this blog

A valuable book, A Human Strategy, aphorism 387

A theory of art