Before I choose, A Human Strategy, Matt Berry, aphorism 212

212
What I seek is control, not over my destiny, but over the value of my destiny.  I stand at a fork in the road and stare down each lane for as far as I can see, never considering that I have just overlooked another option available to me.  
Before I choose between destination A and destination B, what would happen if I took one step back to a prior fork in my road: Do I strive to be at a particular destination at a particular time?  Or do I march by a Magnetic North, a direction determined by the requirement for increasing strength, path or no path, disregarding destinations of time and place, until I am stopped?

With the former, I march toward a time and place; whom I become is secondary.  With the latter, becoming is primary.







Popular posts from this blog

A valuable book, A Human Strategy, aphorism 387

A theory of art