My demand for a level battlefield, A human Strategy, Matt Berry, aphorism 184

184
My demand for a level battlefield is an admission that I have a weaker position than my opponent ... that I resent his superiority.  But what else can I do?  And besides, it is this rabid disease, resentment, which does, in its own crude way, level the field already: his sobriety is no match for my raging cause.

Now I have gained the upper hand at last but am too infected to enjoy my newfound superiority.  I march down from my advantage.  I banish kings and with them, their wars and victories, and in their place I crown my former cause.  In the name of justice, to protect the meek, that is to say, to license my resentment, I scour the countryside, slaughtering every mind born of high rank.







Popular posts from this blog

A valuable book, A Human Strategy, aphorism 387

A theory of art