Can a cause be just and harmful?, A Human Strategy, Matt Berry, aphorism 182

182
Can a cause be just and harmful?  I wanted to become A but was told that my kind are barred from serving as B.  I am outraged and struggle my whole life to overcome the political and social obstacles and finally become B.  In fact, I am the first of my kind ever to become B.

My cause is just, and I am victorious, but I have now become the wrong person and remain unsatisfied: the pursuit of justice was a way of indulging the spoiled child of resentment.  The child demanded precisely that which had been refused and threatened to set the whole house on fire if unsatisfied ... but left unattended that smaller, weaker embryo, its inherited and privileged task ... which is now just a bedridden, cranky old man.






Popular posts from this blog

A valuable book, A Human Strategy, aphorism 387

A theory of art