A Human Strategy by Matt Berry, aphorism 145

145
A responsible skeptic does not say, “Here is the abyss.”  A responsible skeptic says, “Here is the undeniable abyss.  Is there not something affirmative and substantial in the fact that I am here as its observer.  I think and therefore I am.”  Yes, and I can even say, “I do not think and therefore I am.”  Or, “I am not and therefore I am.”  To think, to utter, to lie, to renounce oneself ... all bear witness that some part of me, however feeble and error-prone, participates with that abyss.  Thus, the ability to posit the nothingness of my existence proves its substance.  That I can and do assume is more substantial than any possible assumption.  






Popular posts from this blog

A valuable book, A Human Strategy, aphorism 387

A theory of art