A Human Strategy, Matt Berry aphorism 60

60
The “Truth” is not something which must be defended.  If “Truth” is what is absolutely necessary to well-being, then it need only be pointed out.  That which we have been defending at all costs is only what is necessary to the well-being of our group.

But the fact that we defend the needs of our group at the very expense of our own well-being, and successfully I might add, damages my argument.  For certainly, if my own well-being were pointed out, wouldn’t I attempt to secure it?  Wrong question.  Why don’t I try?  ... and how did I learn that I should try?  From that smaller group, the individualists?  It is easy to forget that individualism is a social movement.  So, what am I seeking?  For I need my group ...







Popular posts from this blog

A valuable book, A Human Strategy, aphorism 387

A theory of art